QuickBooks is a versatile financial management software that enables its users to maintain their business financial tasks hands-freely. Designed by Intuit, this software has incredible features and tools that are highly beneficial for its clients. Some of its features are tax filing, employee payroll, generation of invoice reports, and much more. But users also encounter a few error codes after all this is software only.
One such error is Quickbooks error 6144 82 which occurs when you try to run QuickBooks Desktop or attempt to open a company file. This error will stop you from performing any task via main or other systems.
Follow this complete informative article to know about QuickBooks Error -6144 -82, its symptoms, causes, and fixing methods to resolve this error to save you from a big disaster.
QuickBooks Error Code 6144 82: Symptoms
To help you identify QuickBooks Error 6144 82 error, we have mentioned the symptoms below:
- Windows run slowly.
- QuickBooks won’t open.
- An error message comes on the screen stating ‘We are sorry for the inconvenience message.’
- The system responds improperly to the commands.
- A message with Quickbooks error 6144 82 appears repeatedly on the screen.
- The screen flashes a warning message while starting, turning off the computer, installing the Operating System on the system.
QuickBooks Error 6144 82: Reasons
Many factors are responsible for QuickBooks Error 6144 82. Check them below:
- Improper firewall settings.
- Corrupt .tlc (transaction log file).
- Damaged .nd file also gives birth to the Error 6144 82 QuickBooks.
- You don’t have access to share your company files.
- Virus attacks.
- Network issues.
- A program has removed your company files accidentally.
- Improper installation of QBs software.
Fixing QuickBooks Error Code 6144 82: Proven Solutions
We have explained the most reliable solutions to help you kick out this error. Have a look:
Solution 1: Repair Windows Registry
- Tap on the “Start” button.
- Write Command in the search box. Don’t hit Enter
- Hold “CTRL + Shift” and hit “Enter” now.
- A permission dialog box will appear.
- Tap on Yes. A black box will appear.
- Type “Regedit” in that box and hit Enter.
- Inside Registry Editor, choose the file associated with the Error 6144 82.
- Select Export from the File menu
- Now in the Save list, choose a folder to save the QBs backup key.
- Reach out to the File name box, type a name for your backup file
- Check that “Selected branch” is ticked in the box of Export Range.
- Click on Save. Save your file with an extension “.reg.”
- The QuickBooks-related registry entry backup will be created.
Solution 2: Rename .TLG and .ND Files
- Reach out to the folder containing your saved company files.
- Right-tap on .TLG file and choose “Rename.”
- Add .OLD at last of the file name while renaming.
- Follow a similar process for renaming the.ND file
- Go to “Start > Program > Quickbooks > Quickbooks database Server manager” to get access to the QB Database Server Manager
- Pick a folder containing your QBs File.
- Scan the folder.
- Now open it.
Solution 3: Set Up QuickBooks User Permissions
You can fix QuickBooks Error 6144 82 by setting the QuickBooks user permissions. Follow the steps to change the permission settings:
- Login to the QBs Desktop.
- Reach out to the “Company” tab.
- Tap on ‘Set Up Users and Roles’.
- Fill in your password.
- Visit the User list and tap on the Username.
- Choose the User permission as per your need.
Solution 4: Undo Latest Changes Made in the System Using Windows System Restore
You can undo the latest changes/modifications using Windows System Restore. This method can fix QuickBooks Error 6144 82 with much ease.
- Click on “Start.”
- Write “System Restore” in the search box. Hit Enter.
- Now, choose “System Restore.”
- Fill in “Administrator Password.”
- Follow the prompts coming on the screen to reach a restore point.
- The ending step is to restore the system.
Solution 5: Make Folders in the C Drive
You can make a fresh folder with the name of QuickBooks. Then select options “Read/Write” for these folders. The folders that need to be created on the C Drive are listed below:
- Add System
- Add User
Provide Read/Write permission for all folders. Then tap on the “Share” to share the folders to all your systems.
Read More: QuickBooks Error 103 Fix the Banking Error
Hopefully, we have provided all information about QuickBooks Error 6144 82 and easy non-technical methods to fix this error. This article covers the meaning, causes, symptoms, and fixing methods so that you could resolve this error on your own.
However, if you need more help with other issues then you can contact QuickBooks Customer Support for guidance. The team is available 24×7 to help you out with the best assistance.